This year's theme is trust & transactions. Teams will focus on the next generation solutions to transactions, participation, and trust leveraging the emerging technologies of Bitcoin and Blockchain, among others. Here's a quick look at what the internship will look like:
- Join multi-disciplinary teams of 3-4 like-minded students to create a startup
- Learn IDEO’s design thinking and venture creation process and methods in different workshops coached by IDEO designers
- Design human-centered solutions and test your ideas with the people
- Share progress and receive guidance from a team of Harvard i-lab entrepreneurial experts and IDEO
- Have the potential to join IDEO's start-up in residence program or receive funding from a corporate sponsor at the end of the summer.
Step 1: Apply online here. All applications are due by February 23, 2015
Please Note: There will be a place on the application to let us know about your technical expertise in transactions and alternative currencies should you have it. Technical expertise is not mandatory.
Step 2: Attend the Make-a-Thon Weekend at the Harvard iLab on February 27 through March 1st, 2015. Any student who wishes to participate must take part in the Make-a-Thon Weekend. The Make-a-Thon Weekend will serve as a chance for you to get a feel for the kind of work you will be doing and for us to learn more about you.
Following the Make-a-Thon Weekend, we will select students (approximately 20-25) to participate in the summer program.